THERE IS NO CHARGE TO BE LISTED on this blog, however I do ask for a reciprocal link to Cool School Visits, at www.coolschoolvisits.com . (Check it out! I offer lots of free advice about doing school visits!) Sorry, except for a few close friends, I can only list you in your home state.
MY DEFINITION OF "TRADITIONALLY PUBLISHED"...If you're with a publisher you know I'll recognize, write to me and I'll add you. If you have any doubts, CLICK THIS LINK and scroll down to a list approved on SCBWI's "Published and Listed" (PAL) list. If you see your publisher on this list, write to me. If not, then you're with a publisher too obscure to be added. I don't want these author lists to become so lengthy that the site loses its original intent: to save educators time when "shopping" for an author.

It's not polite to insult bears


Darn these crummy bifocals. Yesterday I thought I read the following headline:

"Cruel winter's latest

insults bears downeast"

Then I read it again:
"Cruel winter's latest insult bears down on East"

Well thank goodness. I'd hate to think some rude "latest" is going around insulting bears in Maine.

It gave me such a grin that I have been inspired to "limerize" the following poem:

IT'S NOT POLITE TO INSULT BEARS
by Kim Norman

The bulletin caused me to frown,
and my brain wondered, "Black bears? or brown?"
Then I found my opaque,
Ursa Major mistake
was confusing a verb for a noun.

###

4 comments:

elysabeth said...

How funny. Bifocals are a pain no matter what. I love the little limerick. I will remember not to insult the bears, except the one that lives above my head (husband = bear but not teddy, grizzly) - lol. Thanks for giving me a laugh. E :)

---------
Elysabeth Eldering
Author of the JGDS, 50-state, mystery, trivia series
http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com
http://juniior-geography-detective-squad.weebly.com

過分 said...

GOOD........................................

簡單嗎 said...

來看看你逛逛blog囉,加油! ........................................

xiaopywsp said...

louis vuitton
gucci handbags
chanel bags
purse blog
Louis Vuitton Damier Azur Canvas Neverfull GM
Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Neverfull MM
Louis Vuitton Graffiti Neverfull MM(green)
brand
Christian Dior
Christian Dior
lois vitton