THERE IS NO CHARGE TO BE LISTED on this blog, however I do ask for a reciprocal link to Cool School Visits, at www.coolschoolvisits.com . (Check it out! I offer lots of free advice about doing school visits!) Sorry, except for a few close friends, I can only list you in your home state.
MY DEFINITION OF "TRADITIONALLY PUBLISHED"...If you're with a publisher you know I'll recognize, write to me and I'll add you. If you have any doubts, CLICK THIS LINK and scroll down to a list approved on SCBWI's "Published and Listed" (PAL) list. If you see your publisher on this list, write to me. If not, then you're with a publisher too obscure to be added. I don't want these author lists to become so lengthy that the site loses its original intent: to save educators time when "shopping" for an author.

Meet Children's Book Author Becky Hall!

I just discovered that my friend, children's book author Becky Hall, has a lovely new Web site. (Click Becky's name in the opening sentence to visit the site.) Becky is a long-time colleague and critique group pal, and also is an elementary school librarian, so she has always been my go-to gal for all questions related to libraries and librarians.
A is for Arches Becky Hall is the author of A is for Arches, an alphabet book published by Sleeping Bear Press, about her home state of Utah. The governor's wife chose to hold Becky's book in her hands for her official portrait. (How cool is that?!) Becky has authored another book for Sleeping Bear, this time a counting book about Utah, entitled 1, 2, I'll Show You... Utah. The book is currently in production.

Becky is also the author of Morris and Buddy, a biography of Morris Frank, the brave man who brought the first Seeing Eye Dog to America in the early 20th century. As you can see from these photos, Becky is a dog lover, so it was a perfect topic for her to tackle. And tackle it, she did! Morris and Buddy is a delightful read that I'm proud to display on the shelf of books written by members of my critique group.





No comments: