THERE IS NO CHARGE TO BE LISTED on this blog, however I do ask for a reciprocal link to Cool School Visits, at www.coolschoolvisits.com . (Check it out! I offer lots of free advice about doing school visits!) Sorry, except for a few close friends, I can only list you in your home state.
MY DEFINITION OF "TRADITIONALLY PUBLISHED"...If you're with a publisher you know I'll recognize, write to me and I'll add you. If you have any doubts, CLICK THIS LINK and scroll down to a list approved on SCBWI's "Published and Listed" (PAL) list. If you see your publisher on this list, write to me. If not, then you're with a publisher too obscure to be added. I don't want these author lists to become so lengthy that the site loses its original intent: to save educators time when "shopping" for an author.

David DeVries "Monster Engine" featured on my favorite show!


Recently, I have corresponded with David DeVries, author of the insanely clever MONSTER ENGINE book, which is described thusly on David's site: The Monster Engine is an eleven year art project which has grown into an internet phenomenon. Released in June of 2005, The Monster Engine attracted 17 million hits in the first month and continues to get 1/2 million hits per month and is linked to over a 12,000 blogs worldwide--all on word of mouth with no advertising.

Wow, he has my admiration for all those hits. (And even a little envy.) He DEFINITELY has my envy about an amazing segment about him and his book that appeared on CBS Sunday Morning, which is my favorite show. (Really. I'm not kidding. It's my favorite!)

Click HERE to view the show segment. Truly uplifting and entertaining.

Learn more HERE, on David's Monster Engine site.

Kim Norman

No comments: